Parts list and or wiring diagram for 22194 SP Mogul or GN/C&O 0-4-0? - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2009, 08:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Jerry McColgan
Default Parts list and or wiring diagram for 22194 SP Mogul or GN/C&O 0-4-0?

I just got a LGB 22194 Southern Pacific Mogul. I intend to replace the tender with a standard LGB Mogul tender rather than the one that came with it.

Does anyone happen to have either the parts diagrams or wiring diagrams for the loco and tender (especially a diagram that explains the wiring harness between the loco and tender)? I am mainly interested in identifying the wires between the loco and tender so I can replace the tender and sound system with a regular Mogul tender and Sierra Soundtraxx sound system. I don't think this loco/tender has a chuff circuit but that is one thing I am trying to verify without disassembling the Mogul.

I believe the tender is the same as the one that comes with the LGB Great Northern and C&O 0-4-0s but I have not found either parts or wiring diagrams for them either.

As far as I know only the GN and C&O 0-4-0s and the SP Mogul have this tender and I believe the 22194 is the only Mogul with the DCC interface so wiring diagrams for other Moguls or 2-4-0s will not help (I already have those).

It may be that the GN and C&O tenders share the same wiring circuits as the LGB 2-4-0 locos such as the UP with sound but I don't want to start connecting wires until I am sure especially since only the SP Mogul has a DCC interface which would suggest a different wiring circuit.

Thanks,

Jerry
Jerry McColgan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2010, 06:22 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default RE: Parts list and or wiring diagram for 22194 SP Mogul or GN/C&O 0-4-0?

Jerry -

May be too late, but I found some info about the 22194 that might be useful. There's some info in German here:

http://www.lgb-fan.de/faq/welche-mzs...ok-benotigt-2/

You can run it through one of the internet translators (I used translate.google.com). The gist of it is that the loco has a "DCC interface" and takes a 55027 or similar and the tender, with the sound, has a "decoder direct" interface which takes a 55021 or Massoth L.

have fun, Jeff
JeffS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2010, 07:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default RE: Parts list and or wiring diagram for 22194 SP Mogul or GN/C&O 0-4-0?

Posted By JeffS on 15 Jul 2010 06:22 AM
Jerry -

May be too late, but I found some info about the 22194 that might be useful. There's some info in German here:

http://www.lgb-fan.de/faq/welche-mzs...ok-benotigt-2/

You can run it through one of the internet translators (I used translate.google.com). The gist of it is that the loco has a "DCC interface" and takes a 55027 or similar and the tender, with the sound, has a "decoder direct" interface which takes a 55021 or Massoth L.

have fun, Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks, that is pretty much what I had. Putting the decoders into the loco and tender would not be a problem if I was going to use the original tender and sound systems but one loco does not have a tender (I will use a regular LGB Mogul tender for it) and I expect to replace the sound system in the tender with a different one.

Unfortunately LGB used a starter set sound system with this Mogul.

Someone mentioned that this loco does not have a chuff magnet which will change my plans.

Regards,

Jerry

Old 07-15-2010, 12:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to jgallaway81 Send a message via MSN to jgallaway81 Send a message via Yahoo to jgallaway81

Jerry, do you respond to private messages?
jgallaway81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2010, 02:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Posted By jgallaway81 on 15 Jul 2010 12:32 PM
Jerry, do you respond to private messages?

Yes, Always.

Just send it to me.

Jerry
Old 02-17-2011, 12:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to jgallaway81 Send a message via MSN to jgallaway81 Send a message via Yahoo to jgallaway81

JERRY!!!!!! SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found a scanned version of the user manual which includes a pinout for the sound /power connection!

here you go. if you don't get this before the pdf disappears... I grabbed a copy to my archives.. let me know if you need an email!

http://www.champex.net/lgb_produktdatenbank_d-e/medien.nsf/medien/EC0E1B82B7E15E4C8525714D0048013A/$FILE/2x194_042006.pdf
Old 02-17-2011, 01:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Modulator

My guess is that Jerry must have already found this since his post of 15 July 2010.

He has listed several LGB "data sites" on a recent thread, and this one was one of them.

I don't remember the thread off hand, but I have listed those LGB sites on my web site too.

Regards, Greg

Click here for Greg's web site

Note: Please. no private messaging, use regular email: [email protected]
Greg Elmassian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Pierce

I believe the oil tender is the same as the 0-4-0/2-4-0 and is really a 69232 sound version.

Big wiring difference.

Moguls had several woiring differences.

Old versions:
3 wires, 2 for track power, one for tender light (used 1 track power connection for the light).

6 wires, same as above plus 3 wires for chuff circuit, sensors were on rear engine axle, sound unit and speaker were in tender.

MTS version, sound is in engine, 3 pairs of wires to tender. 1 pair is track power, one pair is rear light, and 3rd pair is for the speaker.

Then there is the oil tender with a 5 pin connector. 2 wires for track power, other 3 controlled sound and rear light.

SO, be careful mixing tenders between moguls as you can get real smoke one time only!!!!! Real smelly also!!!!
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

Hi Guys,

I'm afraid I fell asleep at the wheel and I had totally forgotten about this topic.

Those poor 22194 SP Moguls have been sitting there where I put them down 7 months ago. I walk past them once in awhile but I had forgotten that I was trying to figure out how to wire one of them.

I had never found the manual I was looking for (thanks for the link to it).

Greg is right in that I did post links to several sites for LGB information but it never occurred to me to look for what I had asked about. I had mainly posted the links for others to find stuff.

We have had some medical stuff that came up with my wife and that pretty much scrambled whatever thought processes I had.

You will understand better as you get older.

I will set a deadline of July of this year to get around to doing something with the 22194's. Thanks for waking me from my slumbers.

Regards,

Jerry

aka Rip Van Winkle
Old 02-18-2011, 06:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

Hey Jerry, sorry about your troubles.

If its any consolation, it doesn't just happen when you are older. My wife also has issues which we need to keep a very careful eye on.

I happened to have discovered the manual while looking for the parts diagrams for ANY of the three engines, either the C&O or GN 0-4-0 switchers or the SP mogul. That blasted little mysterious vanderbilt tender is the ONLY LGB item in my roster that I haven't found diagrams for. It took a lot of careful looking but I found diagrams for the Stainz (fairly easy actually) the 50' steel boxcar (the hardest) the centerflow hopper and the unibody tankcar, all of which I have in non-Marty sized fleets.
@import url(http://www.mylargescale.com/Provider...ighlighter.css);@import url(/providers/htmleditorproviders/cehtmleditorprovider/dnngeneral.css);

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in