Brighton Belle all Pullman electric (5 BEL) from GAM - Page 2 - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2016, 02:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
TDY to Earth

My second 5-BEL set arrived last week but rain precluded a test run. I took them to Rob K's meet in PA yesterday and ran the full 10 car formation as was correct for the weekday service. Since there were two powered units in the consist I enlisted a second driver to operate the other R/C controller.

Ran well together and does make a wonderful train. I have sets 3052 and 3053 in Pullman livery. I know that there is one remaining set, 3051 in Pullman livery, and a single set in the BR blue and creme of the late 1960s available. Contact Golden Age models in the UK if interested.

Here is a link to a short video by Jason Kovac that includes the BB and an LBSC designed 0 scale live steamer, including a 1950s Lionel PRR N5c cabin car on the rear. ==>
Dr Rivet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2016, 03:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Modulator

Will you be able to set this up so the 10 car train can run from one transmitter?

I thought you could do this pretty easily. Yes, I know you JUST got your new toys!

They look fantastic.

Greg

Click here for Greg's web site

Note: Please. no private messaging, use regular email: [email protected]
Greg Elmassian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2016, 05:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
TDY to Earth

Greg
Two of the Motor bogie units [one in each set] has a power truck. Since these were produced for an importer in the UK, they use a motor controller from Peter Spoerer Model Engineers which has a Spektrum AS400 receiver. My experience using Spektrum Transmitters is that although you can bind multiple receivers to a single transmitter, you can only select one receiver at a time. Since the primary market is aircraft and cars, this seems a very reasonable limitation.

Peter Spoerer says that I can bind both receivers to one of his transmitters, which is what I need, but I have not tried it yet.

If I was using AirWire this would be a trivial exercise. I will keep you posted.
Dr Rivet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2016, 12:17 PM   #14 (permalink)

Hey Jim thats a magnificent train. I remember meeting it when we used to go to Britain by the Dieppe NewHaven ferry which connected with the Brighton line a bit inland in the sixties. It must rank as the most plush three rail multiple unit train that ever rollled the rails anywhere. Sort of a MU train designed for Lucius Beebe. By the way I can certify having seen it around 1967 in Brown and cream.

I almost went three rails when I had just my PLM pacific back in the late seventies, because the PLM had a line going up to the Mont Cenis tunnel towards Torino in Italy which had huge 1500V three rail and catenary motors reminiscent of the Great Northern, New Haven and Milwaukee dinausors 2CoCo2, 4 BoBO4 and 4CoCo4 and even a series of 1AoBoBoAo1 wich had the front truck rigged with one carrying axle and one powered one... The advantage was to run on my partially ground level line with the pans down as I will not electrify as I like running my steam engines manually. Finally I scratchbuilt my SNCF 2D2 9100 which is a n overhead fed 4-8-4. it runs with the pans looking for the overhead, so does my GG1.

Last edited by du-bousquetaire; 10-23-2016 at 01:07 PM.
du-bousquetaire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2019, 04:25 PM   #15 (permalink)

Anyone know where to purchase used gauge 1 Golden Age Models. Thank you.

Frank Gleva
8 Palm View Dr.
Hilton Head Is., SC 29926
USA
[email protected] .com
843 342-6104
Frank Gleva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in