Trainworld or Trainland - Page 3 - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2016, 09:58 PM   #21 (permalink)

Exclamation That Bad?

Wow..

I have been ordering from trainworld for a long time. My first order with them was years ago, when Bachmann started producing G-Scale. I had ordered 6 of the PRR passenger starter sets. When they arrived at my house, I opened them up.. and every single one of them were bad! Bachmann didn't wait for the paint to dry, and it was all pealing and coming off. I contacted trainworld and asked for a refund, I heard a huff, once I said all 6 sets, but had no problem sending them back for a refund.

Even with my HO scale, I had a few issues, like when they sold me a used HO Scale MTH SD70-2 that was so broken I don't know how they thought it was new. I called them, explained the situation, they apologized and replaced it, even paid to have it sent back. Other issue was I bought an MTH F3 A & B set, within 5 mins the B unit died. I emailed them couldn't get a response, was told to contact MTH and well you all know what it's like trying to contact MTH.. So I contacted trainworld again, and started complaining, they took the item back, even tested the new one and sent it.

Recent problem, I ordered my Piko Digital B&O set from them last wednesday, thursday they are calling me telling me they were out of stock if I'd like something else.. my response was. umm.. NO I wanted that set, so I email saying cancelled. They cancelled.

I'm happy with their service and price, in fact, Just ordered 2 straight pieces of Piko track and a PRR Baggage car, ordered it yesterday and it shipped today. Should have it Wednesday.

I still shop with them, because If I do have a problem they usually take care of it. They know there is Social Media out there (facebook, etc) and they don't want you posting.

For the above comment, I posted on MTH's facebook about my F3 asking what they were going to do to fix the problem.. they blocked me. LOL.. so yeah no more MTH.

As far as Nicholas Smith Trains.. I've had more problems. I placed an order for an HO MTH F3A, on the web-site it was priced $229.00 It arrived with a nice big price tag of $190.00. I emailed them a few times about it, and never heard 1 thing from them. So I order from trainworld before Nicholas Smith Trains.

Last edited by 2poor4Gscale; 11-01-2016 at 05:09 PM. Reason: spelling
2poor4Gscale is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2016, 09:49 AM   #22 (permalink)

Maybe it's because I was born and raised in the NYC area (Long Island) that I am use to certain business attitudes. That doesn't excuse them but I have not had an issue with Trainword/Trainland, either ordering online or visiting Trainland on LI. One great thing is that if I order in the am I will usually get the order delivered the next day since the Brooklyn warehouse ships right to a central LI UPS location that evening and it's on the truck to me the next am. I just purchased 3 of the PIKO passenger cars on sale at $39.95 each and that's exactly what happened. Quite a bargain too!
backyardRR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2016, 11:07 AM   #23 (permalink)

Well, I never been East of the Mississippi, but the NYA is not lost on me. Brooklyn is infamous for a string of photographic equipment retailers operating under various monikers. I went though this a couple of times .. never never again. They advertise incredibly competitive (cheap) prices to get you hooked into ordering, and then ... wait wait excuses excuses etc etc ad nauseum. So while not train related, your experiences posted here sounded so familiar/similar I thought I'd just chime in with my two cents about the NYA. So now it's just Amazon, evilbay, or the venerable B & H for that stuff. Cheers!
attaboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2016, 05:11 PM   #24 (permalink)

Smile Nice Bargain

Quote:
Originally Posted by backyardRR View Post
Maybe it's because I was born and raised in the NYC area (Long Island) that I am use to certain business attitudes. That doesn't excuse them but I have not had an issue with Trainword/Trainland, either ordering online or visiting Trainland on LI. One great thing is that if I order in the am I will usually get the order delivered the next day since the Brooklyn warehouse ships right to a central LI UPS location that evening and it's on the truck to me the next am. I just purchased 3 of the PIKO passenger cars on sale at $39.95 each and that's exactly what happened. Quite a bargain too!
You lucky devil. I saw where they had some of the Piko Cars for $39.95, did you order Southern? Of course I had to pay $87.95 for mine!!! BLAH

Steve
Old 11-02-2016, 09:30 AM   #25 (permalink)

Yes Steve, the cars are Southern. Those were the only road name on sale. At some point I may repaint but it is not important to me. Unlike my indoors HO (New York Central 1960's), I am just looking for an overall look and feel with my outdoors G.
Old 11-12-2016, 09:43 PM   #26 (permalink)

I had to revisit this page, because I have placed 3 orders with them the last week and my opinion has changed! They are back to their old normal self. First, they changed their return policy!!! LOL

Here is a wrap up of my last 3 orders from them.

Ordered 2 pieces of straight track and a Piko Wood Baggage car. - Wood baggage car came broken.
Ordered 1 Piko Mogul - Of course it's not working right needs to go back - Trainworld will do nothing!
Ordered 1 Piko Combo car and 2 Piko Coaches - 1 Coach broken fixed by me.

They are TERRIBLE! I will not shop with them again. I contacted them by email about the Mogul and it's the same thing. Piko likes to handle their own warranty work. Okay trainworld, I have talked to Piko and they are not doing anything about it! I'm about to fight the charges with my bank.

So now I need to find a new place to shop so I can buy my PRR camelback loco.

Steve
Old 11-13-2016, 09:07 AM   #27 (permalink)

One of the Trainland/Trainworld principles, Ken Bianco, posts on LargeScaleCentral. I realize that these posts are mostly sales pitches but everyone's concerns about their policies, etc. may get his attention on that forum site. IMHO
Old 11-27-2016, 05:22 PM   #28 (permalink)

Hey all!! I'm updating my review of Trainworld!!

Thursday I placed an order for about $865.00 (since I'm getting into G-Scale I need stuff!!!) 2 Days later, I needed a few more things placed another order for $87.00. They are having a TURKEY16 Sale 10% off.

Guess what!!! I get an email today, around 3:30pm stating my first order was cancelled, with NO REASON! So I called them and spoke to Anthony... He put me on hold while he checked around to find out why it was cancelled, he got back on the phone and said he didn't know why it was cancelled. I then questioned if it was cancelled because of my problems with the Mogul. He didn't know.. So anyways.. I said.. Anthony.. I placed another order Saturday.. could you bring that one up.. and he did. I said.. you know what. Cancel that one to. It's obvious you don't want my business. So I will spend my $900 somewhere else. And guess what people. I did!!!!

I will no longer shop with trainworld, not in a million years!

Steve
Old 01-26-2018, 04:55 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2poor4Gscale View Post
I had to revisit this page, because I have placed 3 orders with them the last week and my opinion has changed! They are back to their old normal self. First, they changed their return policy!!! LOL

Here is a wrap up of my last 3 orders from them.

Ordered 2 pieces of straight track and a Piko Wood Baggage car. - Wood baggage car came broken.
Ordered 1 Piko Mogul - Of course it's not working right needs to go back - Trainworld will do nothing!
Ordered 1 Piko Combo car and 2 Piko Coaches - 1 Coach broken fixed by me.

They are TERRIBLE! I will not shop with them again. I contacted them by email about the Mogul and it's the same thing. Piko likes to handle their own warranty work. Okay trainworld, I have talked to Piko and they are not doing anything about it! I'm about to fight the charges with my bank.

So now I need to find a new place to shop so I can buy my PRR camelback loco.

Steve
What exactly did Piko America say to you? Piko has been top notch in my book. I don't like every product they make, but they always take care of any issue that pops up. (In fact they will not ship a box with the slightest dent or damaged car so if you are getting something in iffy shape, it's either UPS or someone other than Piko.) Piko does like to handle all warranty work... that is actually a great thing. And they answer their phones! Some shops have told me they will immediately replace any Piko issue you might have with brand new, identical Piko products specifically because they know Piko will make it right.

I sometimes wonder what luck others have... I have TONS of Piko product and have never had a any issues.
Michael789 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2018, 05:57 PM   #30 (permalink)
Super Modulator

It's not Piko, clearly. If it arrives at a dealer without damage, and you get it from the dealer damaged, it has nothing to do with Piko.

Why should Piko America get involved? The only way they would is if they received so many complaints about the dealer they would consider not selling to them.

Sure, that's really likely.

No one is complaining about Piko!

Greg

Click here for Greg's web site

Note: Please. no private messaging, use regular email: [email protected]
Greg Elmassian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in