G Scale Model Train Forum banner

New OcCre 1/32nd scale Coach

8K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Hagen 
#1 ·
I was reading some post that referenced a BR-18 loco, and found the link was to OcCre's website, known for their tram kits. They now have a 'commuter coach' which looks to have some possibilities if you changed out the wheels. (And did something about the outdoor toilet!) Take a look:

OcCre "“Coches de la Costa” (Coastal Coaches)"

#4 ·
For anyone interested in this companys tram kits Glendale Junction here in the UK have commisioned their own motorising kits for these models, I saw a sample when I was in their shop a few weeks ago.Very simple, good quality and priced well below the offering from OcCre. Regards
Bunny

#7 ·
Posted By TonyWalsham on 02/23/2009 5:15 PM
Those toilets seem to be tastefully decorated. Would be a pity to get rid of them.

And just because they left the door open to take pictures of the details doesn't mean you have to leave it open.

#10 ·
Posted By Pete Thornton on 02/24/2009 8:08 AM
they left the door open

What door? The only door I see is the coach door to the interior.

Sliding door, look closer, there are two doors in those shots, one for the interior and one for the toilet, one is 'normal' the other slides in the wall, and both are open ;)

#11 ·
Posted By lownote on 02/24/2009 8:19 AM
I can't believe the trains ever ran like that--I'm thinking they left the back wall of the coach off to show the detail?

No luck yet finding a dealer online

Glendale Junction
Grootspoor

Both will carry the BR18 kit, but like the BR18 kit I suspect the coaches won't be available until October/November, You can contact any stockist of the Occre trams and inquire if they will get the coach

#14 ·
No luck yet finding a dealer online

I started digging, and also emailed OcCre [Duh!] They are in the 'Accucraft' school of marketing:

pthornto(at)aol.com escribió:
> Can you tell me where I can buy your BR-18 locomotive and Coastal Coach kits inthe USA?

Dear Mr. we are thankful for the interest to him by our new models. We have incorporated to the Web the new models to remove on sale during this year. At the moment it is not in the market the models BR-18 and the car Cost. To him we will maintain informed at the moment at which these kits leave to the market. Thanks and receive a warm greeting, Attention to the Client OcCre

And Ray Miller at Historicships.com in Florida sent me this link:
[url]http://www.historicships.com/MiscItems/MiscMenu.htm[/url]

I guess he'll stock them when if they ever get produced.

#15 ·
Not sure how this is "Accucraft" marketing, the European makers will release info years before the model comes. Case in point the Bachmann/Liliput Uh class. They are telling you that the pricing will come with production in this e-mail, another common approach.

Kind of nice, unlike the Americans where you have to order within a week of the notification or the models are sold out /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gif

#21 ·
Posted By Robert on 03/04/2009 4:50 AM
Bill

I stand to be corrected but I thought previously someone had posted a brief comment indicating that the OcCre motors are not very robust and a retrofit using a more traditional choice would be better. If I am mistaken I apologize.

Robert

I suggested somewhere that the IP-engineering unit is much cheaper and could quite possibly be better, could be that remark you are referring to

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.