myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

myLargescale.com > Community > Forums (https://forums.mylargescale.com/)
-   Poll Booth (https://forums.mylargescale.com/25-poll-booth/)
-   -   Another poll test (https://forums.mylargescale.com/25-poll-booth/53146-another-poll-test.html)

CliffyJ 06-11-2015 07:01 PM

Another poll test

(After Greg's test, I had to experiment...)
(This is just for grins! But vote anyway, just for fun.)

If money, time and space were not issues, what form of locomotion power & control would you employ and defend?

This is a multiple-choice poll.

[edit: I thought the question had to appear in the post, like I did in the above sentence. But no, the question is entered after you click submit.
A special mystery poll-creation page opens, and you enter your question here. It appears at the top of the page, in the poll list, after the "View Poll Results," in this case a lame "Here are some choices."
After supplying the question, you then list all the options. AND, you can change the number of options (up to 10), on the fly.
You also determine how many days the poll is run, whether voter identities are exposed, and whether this is multiple choice.
When you submit all that, you see your poll options, and then click what you want. And then, voila! The bar graph appears!
Seriously neat! Thanks Greg!]

:D

Semper Vaporo 06-11-2015 07:05 PM

Semper Vaporo

Totalwrecker 06-11-2015 08:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
They should read my mind....
part 2 ....just toys...

Greg Elmassian 06-11-2015 08:35 PM

Don't know about the defend to the death. What is right for me, I can defend. What is right for others, that's for them to decide.

It is an interesting choice of words, since some of the "battles" do seem to be defending something a lot more important than a choice in a hobby.

Greg

CliffyJ 06-11-2015 09:15 PM

Good point Greg. I was messing with this neat tool you brought up, and didn't take the same time I would have if it were a "serious" poll. So I'll edit that out, I don't want it to seem threatening or anything.

Greg Elmassian 06-11-2015 11:10 PM

Jeeze, just joshing with you, since this is a test thread :D

We should all thank you for bringing this into focus, we have this neat tool and we can actually get a poll that automagically shows the totals... how cool is that?

Regards, Greg

CliffyJ 06-12-2015 06:09 PM

Haha! Well yes, it was a test thread. But, you still made a good point. And mainly, I was geeking all over the check and text boxes and pretty histograms that showed up, and how they updated in real time... so I wasn't devoting my full 1000% attention to what I was typing... :rolleyes::D:p

Semper Vaporo 06-12-2015 06:18 PM

I wonder if anybody noticed the poll's ending date and time

6/14/2015 6:11 PM

614 and 611 are both famous Steam Locomotives! Simple coincidence or subliminal suggestion?

CliffyJ 06-12-2015 06:23 PM

That's like, so mega wow...

Unfortunately, in my time zone, it ends at 7:11.
But if there's a famous 711, that would be spooky-awesome. OR, if 7-11 started selling G-gauge, that would qualify.

CliffyJ 06-12-2015 08:55 PM

Please vote. The nation's security depends on this.