Cheap Chinese 1/25 figures in 1/20 rolling stock? - Page 3 - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2018, 12:31 PM   #21 (permalink)

Ok, Iím reviving this old thread because th the same Chhinese. Figures appear in the FX mimni-series Trust. Donald Sutherland stars as J Paul Getty in a fact-based story about his grandsonís kidnapping. In episode 1, Sutherland is seen with a scale model (maybe a model of th future Getty museum?). The figures in the model are these Chinese figures! So Hollywood went cheap and bought $1 Chinese figures rather than hire a sculptor or buy better figures from any of the better. G Scale sources.
Neals647 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2018, 03:39 PM   #22 (permalink)

Default chinaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Woolard View Post
Some while ago, somebody here on MLS noted the existance of some pretty cheap figures available on Evil-Bay. I checked, and it looks like the same importer is still running them. They are advertised as "1/25" scale, and are available as either standing or sitting figures.

But I don't recall anybody doing a 'review' of the product in their hands. I thought I'd get some sitting figures to populate the seats of some 1/20 Jackson-Sharp coaches I'm repainting & detailing. I figure that they could at least populate some of the 'aisle-side' seats, and hopefully, maybe, some window seats if you didn't look too closely?

So has anybody tried this? Do they look okay using the 10-foot rule? Five-foot? Or are they just too 'out of scale'?

Yer' thoughts, please..

Thankyew,
Look good to me, easy 10' rule and maybe 5', Bill. The red combine is kalamazoo, the other is my scratch built, what I call, grover caboose ( kind of like a drover caboose but is bringing citrus grove workers back from the orchard).
choochoowilly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2018, 11:50 AM   #23 (permalink)

Default chinamen

some reason kalamazoo car didn't post so here it is
choochoowilly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2020, 03:56 PM   #24 (permalink)

Thanks for the tip. Just bought a set of these for my cars plus some other from the same vendor. I think with a little bit of painting, most will be good enough. I will put the better ones closest to the window.
Clubber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in