G Scale Model Train Forum banner

Might be close to G scale...

4K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  ThinkerT 
#1 ·
#4 ·
My take is 2" - 2.5". So, normally 1/32 or close to it.

But...

1 - most of them are Asians, hence a bit on the short side on average.

2 - most of them are female - also a bit on the short side.

3 - they also look to be young - teenagers maybe.

Combined - *maybe* 1/24 scale teenage oriental girls?

I'm tempted to order one or two just to find out.

(I also notice that most of the females are differently clad versions of the same girl.)

#3 · (Edited)
There are a gazillion figures for sale on eBay, mostly from Japan, where they seem to devour anime characters and buy/collect them. You can get everything from a schoolboy to a werewolf. It does require you knowing what size you are looking for, but most sellers include a ruler in the photo. Most of the ones I bought cost $0.99 plus $3+ for shipping from Japan.

This group is a 7/8ths old lady, her daughter and two kids. All needed some paintwork - one kid has pink hair!

Here's how they look with some acrylic paint. Mom has gone green, and the kid now has brown hair.

Attachments

#5 ·
This group is a 7/8ths old lady, her daughter and two kids. All needed some paintwork - one kid has pink hair!
You must not get out much. :)

Even here, in small town Alaska, multicolored hair is not unknown.

The younger ladies at the family get-togethers often show up with bright pink or green hair, at least in part. A few years ago, before she moved out, the daughter dyed her hair bright red. Dratted bathroom looked like a crime scene afterwards.

#7 ·
Did a bit more checking. One vendor claims a size of 4.5 to 6 centimeters (presumably the difference between sitting and standing.) 6 centimeters works out to 3.4 inches or a hair under five foot in 1/24. Hmmm...for a young female character....maybe... (my lovely young daughter is about 5'3").

#11 ·
Oh, I have a number of Waldo figurines that scale out nicely to 1/24 or close to it. Like these three currently on EBAY:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-Wheres-...716980?hash=item2efd8301f4:g:lUMAAOSw4CFYpf~Z

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Wheres...999229?hash=item2efe6c323d:g:iOUAAOSwmLlX6eb8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wheres-Wald...cf28a6b&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=201836999229

Plus others. The idea is to have a Waldo hidden in plain sight in different 'districts' of the layout. Along with other sorts of characters, ranging from repainted green army men to superheroes to zombies to whatever else I can find.

But I still run the search now and again just to see what pops up.

#14 ·
I bit the bullet and ordered two of these a couple weeks ago. They arrived today. Definitely on the small side - too small for teenagers, but workable for children of the 8-12 year old set.

Then again, owing to 'reach issues,' I have one or two parts of the layout that will be 1:32 or smaller as a 'forced perspective' thing. She might fit in there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.