G Scale Model Train Forum banner

Construction Worker Figures

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  ThinkerT 
#1 ·
Picked these guys from EBAY:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Assorted-3-Construction-Worker-Figures-Halloween-Trick-or-Treat-Toys/312020910660?epid=1600924437&hash=item48a5e54244:g:gnUAAOSwpvZaK04D

Very good price. About 70 cents a figure, give or take a few pennies depending on who you order from.

2.5 inches tall instead of 3, but workable. About 5 foot tall in 1/24. Probable 'scale' is 1/29...maybe.

Male and female workers, different races. Most have hardhats, a few do not.

They hold tools ranging from hammers to air guns to shovels.

Paint job not so great, but works at a distance. Could always be repainted, I suppose.

See less See more
#3 ·
Height was without the base.

Men and women the same height.

About half the figures have hardhats that add about 1/8th of an inch to the height.

I figure the women could pass for 1/24-ish.

The rest...well, I've worked with some shorter guys. Or they could be set in the background.

#4 ·
Or the women are all Amazons!

I thought the heights looked the same... Average height of a woman in the US is 5' 4" although the construction types might be bigger ha ha!

they scale to about 1:25.5 that's not bad for 1:24 I think.. only about 5' high in 1:24... pretty short...

Greg

#5 ·
Greg...

My lovely young daughter is 5'2"...and there are three women at work shorter than she is, plus a couple others only slightly taller. The postmaster (we both work under contract for USPS) has quipped that the office is a 'depository for short women.'

(we also have a couple seven foot guys there as well; the women find them handy for reaching objects on tall shelves.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.