G Scale Model Train Forum banner

Regner Max&Accucraft Forney

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Naptowneng 
#1 ·
Hello I have been searching around for a couple of Figurines for my 2 LiveSteamers.An Accucraft Forney and a Regner Max can someone point me in the exact direction for them Thank you.

#2 ·
Rob;

You may also want to post this query in the live steam forum. I am reluctant to use a figure on my locomotives when they are in steam, but I have seen other folks do it. Most plastics will soften from the heat, so you need a material that will handle the heat in the cab. Generally, I will pose a figure for photography purposes, but refrain from running the locomotive with a figure for two reasons: 1. many figures are made with materials that don't handle the heat, And 2. my fat fingers cannot reach the controls that well with a figure in the way.

Thorin looks nice in the photo, but would probably melt if his locomotive were in steam.

Good luck in your search,
David Meashey

Attachments

#6 ·
Larry, thanks for the plug. I no longer offer resin castings. I offer 3D prints that I do not recommend keeping too close to a live steam engine.

I am working with Ozark Miniatures to have them take over casting resin figures and filling orders. I don't have the juice for that work any more. It is just easier to sell 3D prints through shapeways.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.