sound for Bachmann g scale 4-6-0 Casey Jones - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
tdp

Default sound for Bachmann g scale 4-6-0 Casey Jones

I have acquired from a volunteer at the Tucson Botanical Garden a Bachmann g scale 4-6-0 who got it from online. I have tried to get chuffs but no luck. The 9 volt battery is new, the switch underneath is on full, I get pulses from the Loco and nothing. Since the sound quality is not critical for people wandering by the layout, I was wondering which would be better, A new assembly from Bachmann $40 or a My Loco Sound for $80? There may be a better alternate solution for this situation ? Also maybe this dilemma should be addressed to a more specific forum. [email protected] url(http://www.mylargescale.com/Providers/HtmlEditorProviders/CEHtmlEditorProvider/Load.ashx?type=style&file=SyntaxHighlighter.css);@ import url(/providers/htmleditorproviders/cehtmleditorprovider/dnngeneral.css);
tdp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
A Steamed Elder

Default RE: sound for Bachmann g scale 4-6-0 Casey Jones

Posted By tdp on 02 Feb 2012 02:14 PM
I have acquired from a volunteer at the Tucson Botanical Garden a Bachmann g scale 4-6-0 who got it from online. I have tried to get chuffs but no luck. The 9 volt battery is new, the switch underneath is on full, I get pulses from the Loco and nothing. Since the sound quality is not critical for people wandering by the layout, I was wondering which would be better, A new assembly from Bachmann $40 or a My Loco Sound for $80? There may be a better alternate solution for this situation ? Also maybe this dilemma should be addressed to a more specific forum. [email protected] url(http://www.mylargescale.com/Provider...ighlighter.css);@import url(/providers/htmleditorproviders/cehtmleditorprovider/dnngeneral.css); tdp,

If I'm not mistaken I believe that, from your description, this engine is from a very old train-set that was sold at big box stores. I have one that is about 27 years old, small handheld controller and powdered by a 9 volt battery. My old set may be similar to the one you have. Not sure. In my opinion, Not worth putting ANY amount of money into it. I just checked an online auction for this set. Including cars and engine, it went for $20!

You could possibly find a used Bachmann 4-6-0 Big Hauler in good shape and get one of Barry's Big Trains new drives put in. Either a 4-6-0 OR 2-8-0.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable (Scot Lawrence-"scottychaos")on these early bachmann engines can weigh in.
SA #4449
Gary Armitstead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
tdp

The bachmann G scale 4-6-0 is a Casey Jones and I did get it fitted with BBT. @import url(http://www.mylargescale.com/Providers/HtmlEditorProviders/CEHtmlEditorProvider/Load.ashx?type=style&file=SyntaxHighlighter.css);@ import url(/providers/htmleditorproviders/cehtmleditorprovider/dnngeneral.css);
tdp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
A Steamed Elder

Posted By tdp on 02 Feb 2012 04:48 PM
The bachmann G scale 4-6-0 is a Casey Jones and I did get it fitted with BBT. @import url(http://www.mylargescale.com/Provider...ighlighter.css);@import url(/providers/htmleditorproviders/cehtmleditorprovider/dnngeneral.css);
I sure didn't see that you got a BBT drive in your first post. Am I missing something?
SA #4449
Gary Armitstead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Contact Barry. He is just up the road in Phoenix. He does the drives, but I don't know how knowledgeable he is on the sound systems.

Chuck

chuck n is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have several Bachmann Annies. Just my opinion, but the sound system sounds pretty bad. I don't have a My Loco Sound system yet.
But I've heard them on YouTube. While inferior to the more expensive sound cards, I believe it sounds much better than the Bachmann sound.
Ralph
Ralph Berg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in