So,I Buy Yet Another LGB Mogul! - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2019, 11:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default So,I Buy Yet Another LGB Mogul!

So, my wife got a nice bonus check from her job as a manager for a national cell phone company, and she put $500.00 into my Paypal account. Told me "Go buy yourself another train!". Well,I just did, and this sweet lGB 2219S Pennsylvania Mogul is what I bought. It was either that ,or a sound system for my other LGB. I think that I made the right call on this one.
Wouldn't you agree?
Later!
Andrew
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mine.jpg (212.7 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Mine1.jpg (192.3 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Mine0.jpg (206.1 KB, 31 views)
RkyGriz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2019, 01:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Should be a good one.
Old 04-30-2019, 01:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Would have been...

Old 04-30-2019, 01:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

A new development. I woke up this morning,checked my phone, and there was a notification from Ebay. It seems that the dirty dog seller cancelled my order and refunded my money. There is no explanation. My guess is that he thinks he should have gotten a lot more money for this vintage beauty. I am furious, and plan on filing a complaint with Ebay,for all the good that will do. The seller has yet to respond to my return message,and I doubt that the dirty dog will.
Very angry and disappointed right now
Old 04-30-2019, 02:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Save a bit of money, and purchase the latest edition of the Bachmann Anniversary 10 wheeler. With an all metal gear drive. Probably the best bargain on the market for a good looking model steam locomotive. You don't need to fool around on eBay, just look to one of the good dealers, such as RLD Hobbies...Robby won't screw you around...There are other good dealers around. Do a bit of research. You will spend MUCH less than that $500.
Fred Mills
Fr.Fred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2019, 03:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

wrong thread, never mind.

His friend Jerry Dillon looked up at the hillside and said; There is a big ledge, and the whole damned hill is a total wreck with quartz boulders of ore.
Totalwrecker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2019, 04:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

It was way under $500.00 and $80.00 less than I paid for the one that I already have. The new Bachmann 4-6-0 is going to be a nice unit,but I already have 7 of the Anniversary Editions,one of which is their SPC #22 which has the version 6 chassis and improved pilot.The other 6 are version 5. And I'm not too interested in any more right now. Maybe later,after they get the bugs out. B.Mann customer service told me that it's looking more like a release in 2020 for their new 4-6-0 instead of late 2019. Apparently, they are having some issues...

Last edited by RkyGriz; 05-01-2019 at 02:45 AM.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

Wow! Could I please 'borrow' your wife so that she could talk to mine !
kiwin992 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2019, 09:35 AM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Jerry McColgan

Sorry your 2219s sale did not work out. They are some of my favorite LGB Moguls and one of them runs around my bedroom wall every night on a 15 minute timer (twice last night).

A bit of inside rust resulted in my replacing my 10 Wheelers with Moguls years ago but I think both give good value for the money depending on the environment.

"It was way under $500.00" seems too low but the seller should have honored your bid.I will soon be selling my O Gauge trains and I know they will sell for a lot less than I think they are worth but that's life.

LGB Moguls remain my very favorite all around locos.

Good luck. There are plenty of used LGB Moguls out there. My 2219s's were used when I bought them many years ago and they all still run great - aside from their analog sound systems which I have gotten used to.

Jerry
Jerry McColgan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2019, 11:35 AM   #10 (permalink)

Default LGB Moguls

Quote:
Originally Posted by RkyGriz View Post
So, my wife got a nice bonus check from her job as a manager for a national cell phone company, and she put $500.00 into my Paypal account. Told me "Go buy yourself another train!". Well,I just did, and this sweet lGB 2219S Pennsylvania Mogul is what I bought. It was either that ,or a sound system for my other LGB. I think that I made the right call on this one.
Wouldn't you agree?
Later!
Andrew
Andrew - Since you're still in the market for another LGB Mogul, I'd recommend you focus on one of the newer models that have the four pin "D" motor block instead of the three pin motor block the older Moguls use. With the four pin block you can convert to DCC/Digital if you ever decide to do so, and that also makes the loco more sellable in case you do so later. Also most of the DC/DCC digital sound units made today require a four pin motor block, the exception being the LGB 65001 steam unit or the Phoenix PB11/PB17 sound unit.

The LGB Forney locos are also nice units and I specialize those for upgrading to DC/DCC power and/or sound systems for my customers although I just completed a Phoenix Sound installation for someone located in Honolulu on his DC/Analog LGB 22185 Disney Mogul's tender.......I didn't realize there were so many Disney railroad fans!
Tom
Attached Images
File Type: png New Picture (5).png (589.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png New Picture (6).png (556.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png New Picture (7).png (518.3 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by LGB333$$$$; 05-12-2019 at 11:44 AM.
LGB333$$$$ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in