I finally finished detailing my LGB 2-6-0 Mogul with new Microscale 24-7 decals that I found on Ebay for a great price.
I decided to remove the LGB road name self adhesive boards from the tender . I thought that they looked bad as they stood out like a sore thumb.
Unfortunately, the adhesive on the backs of the boards came off when I removed them, so I decided to discard them.
I then applied the Microscale decals yesterday, and allowed them to dry overnight.
Today, I applied a semigloss clear coat, then a dull coat,and finally a satin clear coat. Remarkably, the final result matches the original finish closely enough to make me happy, which is a big relief as I was beginning to think that I was going to have to redo the tender from scratch.
Another improvement is that I finally obtained the front apron part that goes with the snowplow modification. It cost a small fortune, but it was worth it to finally finish this project.
All I can say is it's about time!
As usual, I've included a video of the finished project.
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!