JUst a New Video of My Bachmann SPC 4-6-0 - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2020, 07:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default JUst a New Video of My Bachmann SPC 4-6-0

HI, guys! I haven't posted a much here lately. I just thought that I'd post a link to the new video I posted to my youtube channel of my Bachmann Anniversary Edition Version #6 South Pacific Coast 4-6-0 locomotive earlier today.

I know that it looks kind of funny running with 2 different types ,and scales, of passenger cars, but I decided to run it that way anyway.
Sadly, Bachmann and Delton/Hartland passenger cars don't look too good when running together on the same train!
Unfortunately, the Bachmann SPC baggage and coach cars are rather hard to find and usually a bit pricey when I occasionally come across them.

I hope that you will enjoy the video!
Andrew
RkyGriz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2020, 12:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Modulator

Hah, on the other thread you failed to mention you had a Gen 6 anniversary you were comparing to your plastic siderod older version... No wonder...

Greg

Click here for Greg's web site

Note: Please. no private messaging, use regular email: [email protected]
Greg Elmassian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2020, 01:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

I only offered the comparison as an example of the differences in pulling power. He didn't state what version BH he had.

So, I figured it was an older, plastic drive rod model , and I merely offered up the video of my V% as an example of what it can do.
That's all.
I didn't think that the V^ was relevant to the conversation.

Old 04-20-2020, 08:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Modulator

Yep, I'm glad you got a new one, with the best gearbox, and the first all metal gearbox (on the BH).

What is crazy is that is the only way you can get it, no spares, and not in train sets either.

Apparently they made so many Gen 5 units that they have to sell them out first.

The Gen 1-6 all have different gearboxes, different drive ratios, different gears, etc. so the Generation is indeed VERY relevant to the conversation.

Unfortunately the poor guy who asked the question will probably only find one of the earlier versions, and statistically, will likely get one with a split gear or soon to split gear.

Greg

Old 04-21-2020, 12:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks, Greg. I'm glad I got it too. Brand new from Al Kramer on Ebay for $225.00 back in March of 2018. It's really a sweet loco !

I hope the next gen that we're all waiting for will be as nice, and trouble free, as these older models are!
Andrew
Old 04-21-2020, 12:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Modulator

I would make a guess that the new locos will not have a different geartrain, but just new road names, but let's see.

I also found out, that over the years, there was quite a variety in weights of the locos, which would indeed make one think there is a variation in pulling power, i.e. you were most likely right, as one would surmise more weight over the years. The kicker is that the weights were originally cast iron, and they are probably steel. None apparently were lead. Go figure.

On the "pulling thread" give me a few days to try to get at least some data, but I will indicate that you are most likely correct, weighing the locos will help.

I expect that as Bachmann "improved" the gear train (it did not necessarily get better with each generation though!), they might have added more weight.

Regards, Greg

Old 04-21-2020, 02:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks,Greg! I appreciate you ,and everything that you do to help out new comers with figuring out how these things work.
Best regards,
Andrew
Old 04-21-2020, 03:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Modulator

It looks like it is going to be hard to get exact pictures and weights for each version, my best resource has a box of old weights.

If you ever run across a BH with the BBT drive, snatch that up, great powertrain, and nice big lead weights.

Greg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in