Any experience with Brandbright kits from UK? - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2020, 11:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Any experience with Brandbright kits from UK?

A couple days ago I was trying to locate some wagon kits for UK style 4 wheel wagons as I'm going to roughly model UK or Welsh narrow gauge goods trains and really came up empty handed....until I discovered Brandbright in the UK and they looked to have just what I was looking for plus I didn't think the prices were too bad, either.
So I was wondering if anyone here has experience with Brandbright kits as I'd like know before shelling out the $$$ to buy 1 or 2.
Thanks-
Robin Young
hoosier daddy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2020, 02:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Anything you buy in the UK will be more expensive. Make sure you ask them to remove the VAT 20% for export.

Brandbright have been around for a while and sometimes don't answer phone or email. I have no direct experience, I rely on the facebook Garden Railway Trading group which is UK based, and gscalecentral.net, which is also in the UK.
Old 06-26-2020, 04:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Pete-
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll checkout the Garden Railway Trading Group although I'm not a fan of Facebook but I'll leave it at that.

Also, thanks for the suggestion re: VAT for out-of-country purchasing. I did send them an email inquiry on Wed and got a reply yesterday so that seemed pretty prompt to me.

I am hoping some others might chime in with any experiences with the Brandbright products as I'm simply curious about the quality of their kits. They look good online but.....

Robin

Old 06-30-2020, 01:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Toney

I have one of the Accucraft W&L box wagon in 16mm scale that needs a new home I would let go really cheap if you are looking for more wagons in 16mm. I have gone over to gauge 1 mostly now. Its in good used condition with 45mm gauge wheels fitted. I believe you can still get the 32mm gauge wheels from Accucraft if you need them. Mike
SA#16
Mike Toney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2020, 09:26 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hi Mike-
Thanks for the offer from a former Hoosier. Can you post or PM pics and price for your wagon?
I'll gladly consider.
Robin Young (from Southport, IN)
Old 07-01-2020, 11:29 AM   #6 (permalink)

Robin;

Since you seem to have an interest in British trains, thought I should ask whether you are aware of the organization The British Railway Modellers of North America (or BRMNA for short)? They are a great source for help when obtaining British railway models and learning about the prototype railways. There are also Canadian dealers who have good access to British railway models.

My own equipment is built for the Brandywine & Gondor Railroad set in the Fourth Age of Middle Earth. The equipment may resemble North American stock, but I consider Middle Earth a part of mythical Britain. Couldn't find an ent for my Fangorn Forest Water primitive tank car, so a figure of Groot had to make do.

A search on http://brmna.org/ will take you to their site, where you can join, should you want to.

Best wishes, David Meashey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SK061909.JPG (311.6 KB, 31 views)
Dave Meashey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2020, 11:37 AM   #7 (permalink)

Here is the car, $40 plus shipping. No box, has Accucraft chopper couplers, 45mm gauge wheel sets. Mike
SA#16
Old 07-01-2020, 11:45 AM   #8 (permalink)

I will also add, if you haven't joined the 16mm narrow gauge association, do so. Even living in the states its worth belonging to as many of the smaller cottage industries advertise in the club magazine and are not easy to find on the net. Same goes for G1MRA group for those into gauge one trains. If you ever get back to the Hoosier state, we have several nice raised lines your welcome to run on, one even has both 45 and 32mm gauge track on it. We also have a local live steam group with a portable 45mm gauge layout that we take to shows and events to run live steam for all to enjoy. Mike
SA#16
Old 07-02-2020, 12:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

I have one of their kits I got years ago. Electric power, not steam. Never have put it together. Kit has great directions and looks good.
Jerry Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2020, 04:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

Mike-
Thanks for the info, I'll check with our CFO to see if we've got the funds in the treasury for such a capital purchase. Got to start somewhere, right?
Robin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in