Runtime Error on home page - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2017, 02:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Runtime Error on home page

Dear Admin:

Going to the MLS home page or typing in mylargescale.com in our browser search window results in this response:

__________________________________________________ __________________

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File --> <configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="Off"/> </system.web> </configuration>
Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File --> <configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/> </system.web> </configuration>

This was mentioned in an ongoing thread concerning file problems

http://forums.mylargescale.com/32-fo...-space-18.html

However I wished to bring it up in a new thread. While my bookmark brings me to the "active Topics" page, anyone new who wants to come to MLS and uses the homepage address might be unable to get in, which will negatively impact MLS.

I am using chrome on both Win 7 and Win 10.

Thank you

Jerry
Naptowneng is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2017, 04:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Modulator

You just gotta love it...

Greg 1,224
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (71.3 KB, 15 views)

Click here for Greg's web site

Note: Please. no private messaging, use regular email: [email protected]
Greg Elmassian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2017, 05:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yes, my saved bookmark doesn't work, nor does ANY www.mylargescale.com URL (at least the ones I've tried don't work.)
What seems to be working is anything in the 'forums' subdomain: forums.mylargescale.com/

Old 05-16-2017, 07:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

This works for me, but don't know how others will find it

http://forums.mylargescale.com/porta...=active_topics

Jerry
Naptowneng is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2017, 10:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Modulator

Yeah, if they can read your post, they solved the problem ha ha!

Greg 1,218

Old 05-16-2017, 10:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have been a computer programmer since back when the CEO of IBM said that all the world will ever need is maybe 5 or 6 computers.

I admit that I know next to nothing about the internet or how to create a "home page"... but I did manage to cobble together an INDEX.HTML file to put in all of my directories to keep the casual stranger from accessing my files that I didn't want wide publicity of them being there.

BUT I am willing to offer my professional programming services to Vertical Scope to replace the present BROKEN home page with something that will directly link to the forums and not present a new-comer to MyLargeScale such an unprofessional broken site.

It probably would not have all the original amenities, such as the photo of the month and the various now useless functions, but at least it would be something that works.

What do you folk think I should charge them for this service? My former boss didn't understand programming at all and usually bid 100 hours of my time for just about any task someone wanted done. Usually that was sufficient for what we did in that department, but sometimes it was way over bid and I got to do "extras" for the customer over and above the original request. Other times it was way under bid and I would be stuck explaining the need for more time and money. I think at that time my salary and overhead costs were charged out at $170 per hour (I got but a pittance of that!).

What does it cost these days for someone to create a simpleton web page?

Maybe if I bid to do it in 40 hours at $150 per hour, would that seem reasonable?

HEY VS... Give me access to the server directory the home page resides in and I will give you a web page that describes VS in glowing terms as the provider of the MyLargeScale forums and a link to the root of the forums. I will include a pretty royalty free image of a nice Garden RR steam locomotive and a perpetual license to use my code for this site. Only $6,000.

Hey, Greg... could I sub-contract this out to you for $5,999? (I want "something" out of this). I'll supply the photo.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:57 AM   #7 (permalink)

Getting home page runtime error here in mid- Missouri on a Thursday morning.
Got here by plugging mylargescale in to Google then clicking Forums result.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Modulator

Yes, system is in full self destruct sequence...

Old 05-18-2017, 06:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

The only way I can get here is to "Google" My Large scale, then choose what I only want, "Active Topics".......what in heck is going on ?
Fr.Fred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2017, 06:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Modulator

Broken, several other posts on this and another thread.

Death Spiral in process...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in