Cannot Upgrade - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2017, 11:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Cannot Upgrade

So today I went to the forums and logged in. Then decided to go ahead and upgrade to 1st class. Went to the home page, clicked members, then upgrade. Error message telling me to login first. Huh? Ok, so I clicked on login, entered my data...and it gives me bad id or pw message. Huh? Went back to forums, and as you can see I am still logged in.

We have serious issues here!
Neals647 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2017, 11:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Modulator

Hi Neal (guessing)...

I see you joined last month.

You could search for all the discussion on this, or you can take my word for it.

When the site was sold, many things stopped working, or changed, but the site itself was not updated.

There are still some 1st class people left, but there is no way to buy a 1st class membership, nor do you need (or want) to.

That's the short story. It's not worth the personal anguish to re-explain it all like the pictures in "Alice's Restaurant", at least not for me.

Greg - 786

Click here for Greg's web site

Note: Please. no private messaging, use regular email: [email protected]

Last edited by Greg Elmassian; 09-11-2017 at 11:18 AM. Reason: global warming is in your imagination, or Florida, take your pick
Greg Elmassian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2017, 11:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

If you look through MANY posts of the various "Web Site and Forum Help" subforums you will find lots of postings about what we now jokingly refer to as "1st class membership" and other troubles that exist that the new owners of this web domain name have created and ignored.

ALL of the membership PRIOR to the purchase date were "upgraded" to 1st class (sans many of the old "benefits" of being a 1st class member), but I don't think anyone has managed to actually join as a 1st class member since then.

I have come close to forsaking this forum because of the sheer uncaring attitude of the new owners but stick around because one of the benefits I paid for is still semi-working for me (but not working for others!); namely some storage space on the web so I can post photos and documents to OTHER web forums. If it weren't for my sharing of a list of "Turntables and Roundhouses" (worldwide) using that web space, I would have been gone a long, LONG time ago (Many others have left in disgust!)

I wish you the best and hope that you can attain "1st class" status but I really don't know what it will get you in the end... as far as I am concerned, anyone that likes trains is "1st Class"!

Old 09-11-2017, 12:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default Not New

I'm not really new. I'm the old neals645 but that I'd is dead in the water; unable to logon. Thanks for replies.
Neals647 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2017, 12:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Modulator

You could actually get the moderators/admins to fix your account, did you stop using the email associated with the login?

I'd message the admins (on that forum) and get them to fix it...

Greg - 784

Click here for Greg's web site

Note: Please. no private messaging, use regular email: [email protected]
Greg Elmassian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2017, 01:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

Neal,
there is nothing to upgrade to..
(new) 1st class memberships dont exist anymore.
consider yourself lucky the forum wasnt able to take your money!

apparently there is still an "upgrade" link still lurking somewhere though..they really need to get rid of that.
at least it doesnt work, that's a plus.

Scot

Scot Lawrence -
Rochester, NY USA
SA #2089
www.scotlawrence.com
Scottychaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in