Barry Olsen, BBT, is my father.... - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2019, 12:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Barry Olsen, BBT, is my father....

For those of you that have known my dad, he is currently in the VA hospital with advanced stage dementia, and remember very little at this stage of his life. I take great pride in his work, and will soon be selling a lot of locos, parts, and a few of his personal trains with his driveshaft as well. I'm sure he would like to thank all of his friends here for you friendship, your kindness, and now your kind prayers for him. That being said, I will be posting tons of pics very soon soon. Thank you
lotusnight850@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2019, 02:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Location: Jason V. Original member 2008 Deadwood Mountain Line Fort Wayne, IN

Sad to hear about Barry.. Very good guy!. And thank you for doing that. Keep his legends going.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Had many dealings with Barry over the years, always a man of his word and provided a great service to the large scale community.

Terrible thing that a man has to end his years this way, a prayer for you and the rest of your family.

Thanks for keeping us posted.
Rick
R.W. Marty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2019, 08:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
1st Class Member

Yes, so sorry to hear of your Dad's condition. Visited him many times in LAS and then when he moved to West Phoenix. Spent many hours sitting with him "talking" shop. He did a number of conversions and other "good stuff" for me.
Stan Cedarleaf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2019, 02:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

That is terrible news, I corresponded with your father for some time and I always admired his amazing modelling skills. I will keep him in my prayers, with best wishes from Tokyo, Zubi
zubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2019, 09:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

Yes it is a terrible thing, My father had alzheimer for the last 5 years of his life, at least he seemed happy to the end. He was a musician.
du-bousquetaire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2019, 08:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Oh dear, sorry. Had only done minimal business with Barry, I'm trying to fund trains out of Social Security Disability, it was enough interaction to see that he was a good fellow with a good product.
Ah, dementia. That's a tough thing to deal with.

Will pray.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in