NCE Procab sound button reassignment - Page 2 - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread 03-03-2020, 07:39 AM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Pierce

Need to know the engine model number. Many LGB engines have fixed sound function keys and older ones are serial presses of F1. It is the boxcars that I have found cv 33-40 useful for remapping.
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2020, 09:41 PM   #12 (permalink)

The 65001 is in my LGB 21181 Mogul. It is pre-DCC and had to have the original circuit board cut out and replaced with a decoder. I have been away and unable to mess with it. I will try again this weekend.

This Mogul is the LGB 26194. It has the factory installed decoder and sound, which apparently cannot digitally remap the sound functions. They are probably hardwired in to a function address. I may be able to rewire them if the functions go through connectors, but, this may affect the track reed switch triggers. I doubt I will be able to figure this out without the circuit diagram which I probably will never have access to.

Sorry if there was confusion. I tried to put them in separate threads.

V/r,
Dan
Clubber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2020, 06:48 AM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Pierce

The 26194 has a non sound LGB DCC board and has a SUSI sound board connected to it. I have never tried to move sounds on this combination which is in my Sumpter valley and Coke mogul. I just set my handheld with icons for existing sound mapping which is easy to do with the latest Zimo system.
It is a shame LGB never documented all the settings for decoders.
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in