Bachmann Shay Gears - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2009, 12:15 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bachmann Shay Gears

Hello On30ers, I have a 2-cyl 2-truck On30 Bachmann shay that I bought new a few years ago that I put in storage, and when I took It out I found that 2 of the 4 pinnion line shaft gears ( which are made of plastic ) were split down the middle. It was stored at room temp, not in my hot attic. Can anyone tell me how to get replacement gears for this loco. Any help would be appreaciated. Thanks, Chris Sortina
D&RGW 461 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2009, 04:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default RE: Bachmann Shay Gears

Loose and broken gears was (and still may be) a problem with Bachmann gear driven engines. Unfortunately you will probably have to buy replacement trucks. Bachmann replaced several sets of my HO and On30 trucks while under warranty. I had additional failures and ended up purchasing several new trucks and spares through Bachmann service.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you for the info LogSkidder01, how do I get in touch with Bachmann service/parts ? C.S.
D&RGW 461 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 02:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

You also might check with NWSL, I think that they have a replacement set of gears for one of the shays, either the HO one or the On30 one, If they think that there is enough call for the On30 set they will make metal replacement gears.

Andre
Steamaholics #98
Andre Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in