Bachmann On30 Shay Split Drive Gear - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bachmann On30 Shay Split Drive Gear

The drive gear that is inside of the leg of the bracket on engine of the Shay has split. This little gear is on the crankshaft and provides the drive to the crankshaft of the locomotive . Is there a separate replacement available or is only the whole engine as per Bachmann's website ?

Charles M SA# 74
@import url(http://www.mylargescale.com/Provider...ighlighter.css);@import url(/providers/htmleditorproviders/cehtmleditorprovider/dnngeneral.css);
Charles M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default RE: Bachmann On30 Shay Split Drive Gear

This is very common with this loco. I had one split a few years ago. The replacement gears Bachmann sends are excellent, and I have had no issues at all since replacing them a few years ago.

To get a replacement, the easiest way I have found, is sending in a request via their online service form. (http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-u...eform_2010.php). You may or may not get a reply but I got a package in the mail about a week later. Free.

Takes maybe 10 minutes to swap out the gears. It is self explanatory. I have photos in the Bachmann On30 forum on what the replacement parts look like.

Best of luck!

Scott
ScottyB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the myLargescale.com > Community > Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in