made some progress this weekend. First I build the sector plate style fiddle yard from two layers of 8mm plywood. At the end, I cut a hole in the top layer to hold the turntable.
For the basic landscape, I glued polystyrene plates on top of the benchwork. I used them too to form the rail embankment.
Finally I start with the rails. The rails are fixed with double-sided tape At the joints between the mainline and the sector plate, I set small screws at the end of the rails into the wooden benchwork/sectorplate and soldered the rails on top of this screws. I use the same method on the turntables.
Saddly I couldn't finish the trackwork yesterday, because the last two turnouts haven't arrived yet. As soon as I recieve them, I'll continue with the rails and I hope to make first testruns at last neet weekend.