myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

myLargescale.com > Community > Forums (https://forums.mylargescale.com/)
-   Other Proprietary Control Systems (https://forums.mylargescale.com/66-other-proprietary-control-systems/)
-   -   Afraid to use Revoluntion dongle (https://forums.mylargescale.com/66-other-proprietary-control-systems/89588-afraid-use-revoluntion-dongle.html)

billsharron 10-18-2019 01:24 PM

Afraid to use Revoluntion dongle

Hi All,

About 6 months ago I bought a dongle with the idea of upgrading my sound receivers to some of the new sounds. After reading the POOR instructions I am utterly afraid to use it. :eek::confused:

I do understand not to use it to upgrade my transmitter with the plastic keys, but I am afraid to use it to upgrade my transmitter with the rubber keys.

the fear comes from all the warnings about destroying a transmitter or receiver if it is one of the older Crest units.

I have sound receivers from crest and some from Revo 2, but I cant seem to tell them apart, adding to the fear.

So 1. How do you tell the older Crest sound receivers from the new Revo 2 sound receivers, and does it matter??

2. If I can safely reprogram the sound in either can anyone point me to the "dongle for dummies" info that might take me thru a baby step by baby step instruction on reprogramming th4e sound receivers, or if it not already out there could one of our revo experts walk m e thru it?

3 Same for the rubber key transmitters?

I am not in a financial position to blow up anything right now!!! Also anything would be better than the instructions on the site.

Bill

Greg Elmassian 10-18-2019 02:34 PM

Bill, call Navin at the shop, keep trying until you get through.

I have not used mine yet, and have not seen anyone really spell the procedure out in greater detail.

Greg

Dick413 10-18-2019 03:45 PM

Bill
try calling Navin as said above ,but if you have a hard time you might try calling RLD Rob uses his all the time.
I have used mine a few times had 1 problem that I talked to Navin about and got it straightened out. Good luck
Dick

signalguy 10-18-2019 08:15 PM

Bill
I have used mine a few times without any problems.
I have used it to upgrade TX and RX.
I followed the procedure as outlined online.
If you have doubts, call Navin or Rob as suggested above.
Tom

billsharron 10-23-2019 10:44 AM

Thanks guys for the input, I will try it and see what happens, and call Navin for help. Robbie has always been a great help to me as well.

Will let you know how things go down the line.

Recent rumors in my RR club are that REvo 2 is not selling well, and may be on the way out, if true I would really be hurt since I made a huge investment in the whole Revolution concept. anyone heard anything about it??