myLargescale.com > Community > Forums - View Single Post - Aster SNCF Green, Nord Chocolate Brown

View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 05:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
bryant

Default Aster SNCF Green, Nord Chocolate Brown

I'm looking for a colour match for the green used by Aster on their 232U1.

In the course of searching for information I came across a discussion on this forum about paint for a Chapelon Nord locomotive.

One of the issues mentioned was that Precision Paints in the UK won't ship outside the country.

One alternative that wasn't mentioned is:

http://www.amf87.fr/prestashop/30-pe...%C3%A9rographe

They offer a very wide range of French railway colours (including Nord "Chocolate") and were quite happy to ship two jars of paint and a bottle of dilutant to Canada.

One little catch is that their web site is entirely in French (no English option) and another (from my point of view) is that their SNCF 306 green, which should in principle be the correct paint for the 232U1, is definitely not a match for the colour that Aster used . I suspect that it's Aster that has got it wrong (the AMF87 paint looks far more like the colour in pictures of 232U1 at Mulhouse) but that doesn't help me much at the moment.

Has anybody out there found a match for the Aster's "SNCF green"?

- John Bryant
bryant is offline   Reply With Quote